For domestic flights, Allegiant proudly supports our U.S. active and reserve duty military and military veterans of the seven (7) uniformed services offering select free benefits.
Free services offered for active duty, reserve duty, and veteran members of the U.S. Army, Marine Corps., Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, Public Health Service Commissioned Corps., National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Officer Corps., with valid identification:
- Up to two (2) pieces of checked baggage. Each bag must weigh under 99 lbs.
- No charge for oversize checked baggage. Maximum size is 115 linear inches in height + width + length.
- One (1) carry-on bag within Allegiant size limits.
- One (1) personal item within Allegiant size limits.
- Free boarding pass printing at the airport.
- Up to one (1) pet in cabin.
- Qualifying service members will be called to board early.
- Active and reserve military will not be charged a change or cancelation fee due to a change in orders.
(To change or cancel an existing reservation active military personnel must contact Customer Care.)
* All passengers traveling on a single itinerary with a military member may board together when called to board early.
To qualify for the benefits of the Allegiant Honors program, U.S. military members of the seven uniformed services must show proof with one of the following government ID(s):
- DOD Common Access Card (CAC)
- Uniformed Services ID Card
- DD Form 2
- DD Form 2765
- DD Form 214
- Veteran ID card
- Driver’s license with a veteran designation
The benefits of the Military Honors program can also extend to direct dependents of military veterans, retirees, active or reserve duty members, however they must meet these requirements:
- Have a valid DD Form 1173 or 1173-1 (Dependent Identification & Privilege Card)
- The sponsor must be flying.
- The sponsor listed on the ID card must be a passenger on the same reservation (itinerary number).
The honors program does not apply to those listed as a civilian or contractor, unless they provide an additional eligible ID with a veteran, retiree, active duty, or reservist affiliation listed.
How to receive Allegiant Honors benefits
It’s easy. To reserve bags, in-cabin pet, or to obtain a printed boarding pass, our ticket agents will verify your ID and add the optional items and services listed above on your itinerary.
If you have already paid for items which qualify for a military waiver, once we’ve confirmed your identification at the airport, contact our call center at your convenience to arrange a credit for eligible fees.