Seating, Checking-In & Boarding
Seating, Checking-In & Boarding
- Are there reasons to purchase additional seating?show details
- Yes. Our mission and responsibility per our Contract of Carriage is to provide safe and comfortable air transportation for each and every customer. Passengers wishing to secure a musical item, a child restraint device for an infant, etc., must purchase an additional ticket. Please visit our Customer of Size FAQ section for information regarding seating requirements.
- Can I sit in an exit row?show details
Federal Regulations require that all passengers seated in an exit row meet the following requirements:
- Is an adult, at least 15 years of age or older.
- Is able to clearly read, speak and give instructions in English.
- Is willing and able to assist the crew in the case of an emergency.
- Is physically able to open an exit door, to lift and stow a 50 lb. window exit, and to quickly activate the evacuation slide and help others off of it.
- Is not directly responsible for any other passenger on board.
- Is not traveling with a cane, wheelchair, crutches, or assistive device.
- Does not require a seat belt extension due to the hazard of entanglement.
- Is able to see well enough to perform the listed duties without the assistance of visual aids. (Eyeglasses and contacts are okay.)
- Is free from injury or any condition that might cause harm if called upon to perform one or more of the listed duties.
- Is not travelling with a pet or service animal.
- Do I need to buy a seat or will I be assigned a seat?show details
The choice is yours.
All Allegiant flights feature comfortable, assigned leather seats. For a nominal fee, you can select your seat at the time of reservation, guaranteeing your comfort and location onboard your flight. If you're traveling with a companion, ensure you sit together. If you qualify, you can even book an exit row with increased leg room. For passengers who choose not to pre-purchase a seat assignment at the time of booking:
- When you check in for your flight, (whether online or at the airport), you will be assigned a seat by our system at no cost.
- If you check in online, you will be able to view your assigned seats and upgrade if desired.
- You can change or purchase seats on an existing reservation by visiting Manage Travel or downloading the Allegiant App for iPhone or Android.
- Seat assignments cannot be changed at the airport or once a boarding pass has been printed.
- Do I need to check in for my flight? How do I get my boarding passes?show details
Yes. All passengers must check in prior to scheduled flight departure.
Advanced check in is available 24 hours prior to, and up until forty-five minutes before scheduled flight departure. (We’ll send an email 24 hours before take-off to remind you!)
Plan to bring a printed paper boarding pass with you to the airport or use the free and paperless Allegiant mobile app. (Don’t forget to bring your government-issued ID as well.)
There are 3 ways to check in for your flight: mobile, online, or at the airport.
Mobile Check-In via the Allegiant App (FREE):
Download the latest version of the free Allegiant App for iPhone and Android to check in using your mobile phone for convenient, paperless boarding passes. You’ll have the chance to double check your seat assignments and bag reservations during mobile check in starting 24 hour before departure. It's easy!
Online Check-In (FREE):
You can check in online starting 24 hours before your flight by visiting Online Check-In. Be sure to verify your seat assignments and bag reservations before you print your paper boarding pass(es).
At Airport Boarding Pass Print Out ($5 per Boarding Pass):
Remember, there is a $5 fee per boarding pass to have an agent print a boarding pass at the airport. Some passengers (e.g. passengers traveling with pets or special needs) may be required to check in at the airport ticket counter, in which case the fee will be waived. Airport check in closes forty-five minutes before flight time.
Verify your Seat Assignments and Bag Reservations in advance:
If you did not purchase reserved seats, seats will be automatically assigned by our system during check in starting 24 hour before departure and ending forty-five minutes before departure.
During advanced check in (mobile and online), you will be prompted to verify your bag reservations and seat assignments. You can easily make changes as long as alternate seats are available and as long as you haven’t already printed or downloaded your boarding pass(es).
Visit Manage Travel to reserve assigned seats and pre pay for your bag reservations before the online check-in window opens at 24 hour prior to departure.
At the airport:
Please arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight departure. Plan to be completely checked in, through airport security and at the departure boarding gate at least one hour before your flight.
All passengers over the age of 18 must present an acceptable form of identification such as a driver’s license or passport. Click here for the TSA’s latest list of acceptable forms of ID. www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/acceptable-ids
Minors traveling alone may be requested to present their birth certificate or other identification with birthdate as proof of age.
If you have your boarding pass, have paid for your carry-on bag reservation, and are not traveling with checked luggage, proceed through TSA airport security to your boarding gate.
For passengers checking luggage, checked bags must be brought to the airport ticket counter or bag drop at least one hour (and no greater than four hours) before flight departure.
If you need an agent to print your boarding pass, locate the Allegiant airline ticket counter and present your confirmation number and a government-issued photo ID such as a driver's license or passport. A small fee will apply.
- Do I need to confirm my reservation 24 hours prior to departure?show details
No. You are not expected to confirm your flight. We do, however, encourage you to check in online starting 24 hours before and up to 45 minutes prior to flight departure. That way, you can verify your itinerary, reserve your checked and carry-on bags, view your seat assignments and print a boarding pass.
- Does Allegiant offer first-class seating?show details
Allegiant is a leisure airline equipped with an all-coach configuration. For your comfort, on select flights, Giant Seats and Legroom+ seating options are available for purchase.
- How do I reserve a seat or add a bag to my itinerary?show details
- I am unable to check in online and have been instructed to check in at the airport.show details
Online check-in is available starting 24 hours before scheduled flight departure.
Most passengers should be able to check in online or via the free Allegiant mobile app, however some passengers will not be able to print a boarding pass and will be instructed to check in at the airport ticket counter, in which case the airport boarding pass printing fees will be waived.
The reason for this is usually so that we can best accommodate special service requests on a passenger itinerary (such as a pet in cabin, wheelchair, or special need) or to better seat families together.
Remember, even if you check in online, we recommend all passengers arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before scheduled flight departure.
Checked baggage must be brought to the airline ticket counter at least forty-five minutes before departure.
Please plan to be completely checked in, through airport security, and in the departure boarding gate area one hour before departure time.
- My ticket confirmation says that my seat is "not assigned". What does this mean?show details
Passengers who have not purchased a seat assignment -- "Not assigned" -- will be assigned a seat by our system at no cost upon check-in. You can view your assigned seats during online check-in starting 24 hours before flight departure.
The availability of seats together cannot be guaranteed and seat assignments cannot be changed at airport check-in. If you would like to change or purchase reserved seats, simply log in to Manage Travel or the Allegiant App for iPhone or Android to select seats before you check-in online or get to the airport. Once your boarding pass has been printed, you cannot make changes.
- What kind of identification do I need to bring with me to the airport?show details
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires photo identification for all passengers over the age of 18, as well as for all passengers under the age of 18 who are traveling alone.
This photo identification must be issued by a state or national government (such as a driver's license or passport).
Failure to provide proof of age will result in denied boarding.
For more information, please visit the TSA website.
- What should I expect at the airport if I am traveling with an approved respiratory device?show details
- The passenger using qualifying respiratory device or portable oxygen concentrator must check in and arrive at the departure gate no less than 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Prior to boarding, an Allegiant Customer Service Agent will verify the ventilator, respirator, CPAP machine, or POC model and physician's letter.
- Although pre-boarding is not required, we strongly recommend that customers using approved respiratory devices in the aircraft pre-board with the pre-boarding Group.
- What time should I arrive at the airport for my flight?show details
Allegiant recommends arriving at the airport at least two (2) hours prior to scheduled flight departure.
Please plan accordingly so that you are checked in for your flight, through airport security, and at the boarding gate at least one hour before scheduled flight departure.
Passengers with checked baggage must check in at the the airport ticket counter at least forty-five minutes before flight departure.
- Will my family be seated together?show details
If you want to ensure that your party is seated together, we do recommend reserving seats in advance. While we will do our best to accommodate families, the availability of seats together cannot be guaranteed.
How to reserve seats: You can reserve a seat for a nominal fee when you make your reservation or by visiting Manage Travel or downloading the Allegiant App for iPhone or Android at any time up until you print or download your boarding passes for your flight. Due to FAA safety regulations exit row seating is not available to families with children under 15 years of age and/or passengers with special service requests. (see exit row seating requirements)
If you choose not to reserve a seat: At check in, whether online, via the Allegiant App for iPhone and Android, or at the airport, our system will assign you a seat from the remaining available seats on the plane. Online check-in is available starting 24 hour before flight departure. It's easy. When you check-in online, you can view your assigned seats. If you want to change your seat, simply visit Manage Travel and reserve a different seat for your flight.
Please be sure to verify your seat assignments in advance of checking in. Once you have downloaded or printed a boarding pass or checked in at the airport, your seat assignment cannot be changed.