Yes, Allegiant welcomes domestic dogs and cats to travel with you in the cabin. Please visit our Travel/FAQ’s page specific to pets.
Traveling with Pets
What is Allegiant's Pet-in-Cabin Policy?
Allegiant welcomes small live animals/pets in the aircraft cabin within the contiguous 48 United States. Travel to international destinations and U.S. territories do not accept all pets. Here are few things you must know before flying with your pet in the cabin:
- We welcome the following pets in cabin:
- Domestic dogs and cats only
- All pets must be transported in a soft-sided or hard-sided enclosed leak-proof carrier
- We strongly suggest a soft-sided carrier
- The carrier may be no larger than 9”H x 16”W x 19”D & fully close to contain the pet
- No more than 2 pets per carrier
- A pet carrier counts towards your maximum 2 items to be carried on the aircraft. A passenger may travel with a pet carrier plus a personal item or a paid carry-on bag, but not both.
- A non-refundable fee of $50.00 per segment per carrier will apply for all pets
- Each paid traveler may have only one pet carrier
- All animals must be at least eight (8) weeks of age
- While at the airport terminal and onboard the aircraft, pets must remain completely in the carrier and only be handled by the traveler. If a passenger does not comply, the pet may be denied boarding for future flights.
- All carriers must be stowed on the floor during take-off and landing
- All animals are required to be harmless, non-disruptive and odorless
- Pets cannot be ill, violent or in physical distress
- Pet(s) must fit comfortably in the carrier by not touching or protruding from the carrier and also have the ability to stand up and turn around.
- Passengers with pets may not occupy an exit row, one row before/after an exit row or occupy a seat in the bulkhead
- Passengers with pets must check in with an Allegiant agent at the ticket counter or gate counter at least one (1) hour prior to scheduled departure to ensure pets and pet carriers are compliant with the above guidelines
- Allegiant does not transport animals in the cargo bin
- A health certificate is not required
- Allegiant assumes no responsibility for the health and well-being of pets in cabin
- Contact TSA.gov for information regarding clearing TSA security
- Passengers who do not comply with the above guidelines may be denied boarding
Traveling With Pets
- Can I bring my pet on-board?show details
- Can I travel with my pet, a personal item and a paid carry-on?show details
- Can my child who is at least 15 years old, traveling alone bring a pet on-board?show details
- Is there a fee to bring a pet in the cabin?show details